Well, fall is officially here and even our unseasonably warm temperatures in Houston are dropping a tiny bit. When the weather gets cooler, even a temperature drop or two, it makes me want to spend time in the kitchen making all sorts of holiday treats. After all, this time of year is all about the baking, right?
I experimented with a bread recipe yesterday and prepared a Spiced Pumpkin and White Chocolate Bread which was divine. Thankfully, you can find canned pumpkin on the store shelves easily this time of the year so incorporating pumpkin into your favorite recipes isn’t difficult at all.
Pumpkin and white chocolate taste heavenly together so I knew they would make a perfect combination in this bread recipe. The white chocolate pieces melted so beautifully in the bread and made the bread extremely rich and moist.
I made a maple glaze to dribble over the top of the cake. It certainly didn’t need it, but was a perfect addition!
If there’s any cake left over, I would recommend placing the cake in the refrigerator to enjoy the next day.
Spiced Pumpkin And White Chocolate Bread With Maple Glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of cloves
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 10-ounce package white chocolate chips
- MAPLE GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 by 5-inch bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves and set aside.
- With an electric mixer fitted with a wire whisk, whip the pumpkin and sugar together. Add the melted butter, eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Mix in the dry ingredients just until incorporated.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the glaze by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place the cake on a plate and drizzle the glaze over the top.
Tags: Bread, pumpkin, white chocolate